Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Super Bowl Pre-Game Stuff We Wanted to See But Didn't
- A GoDaddy girl bust in on the Katie Couric - Barack Obama interview and ask the president where he registers his URLs?
- Tiger's wife endorsing the new Callaway 9 iron for its money-making accuracy.
- A song other than one by the Alan Parsons Project played during player introductions (and no, "Won't Get Fooled Again" didn't really count).
- Pre-game festivities that take less than the actual event. (Realizing guys feel that way about another big event as well.)
Our Super Bowl XLIV Version of the "Hi Bob" Game
Here's a new group drinking activity we did at our place. Any time any of these happened, everybody drank a Bud Light:
- Some guy who has never exercised wears no pants (i.e., is in his underwear) in a Super Bowl ad
Somebody was knocked over by a surprise tackle (in commercials, not SuperBowl XLIV). Here's Snickers with Betty White and Abe Vigoda. You can go Google the Tim Tebow ad yourself.
- Some guy didn't have a spine
- A GoDaddy girl took her shirt off
- A Super Bowl commercial was a complete waste of money. Use Google to find others in this category.
Let's just say we went through a lot of Bud Light....by half-time.
So Who didn't know The Who would suck as the half time act?
Maybe if Keith Moon rose from the dead or Fergie showed up to perform with The Who and had a wardrobe malfunction. Maaaaaaaaybe then it would have been a passable half time show.
But no, neither of those happened.
Think about it. When 50% of your members are dead, and you've made the musical request to die before you get old, somebody needs to step in and do something about it. Instead, we suffered through 12 minutes of the half-group's wheezing, 1970s musical onslaught, including their CSI:Geriatric hits:
- "XBox Wizard"
- "TV Wasteland"
- "Who Still Has Hearing?"
- "See Me, Heal Me"
- "Won't Get Drooled On Again"
Did anyone else notice they couldn't even get FAKE excited people to stand around the stage for The Whoot's performance? Wow.
Here's where the Census Bureau missed the boat. Instead of blowing our money on a stupid spot trying to convince us to use 10 minutes of our precious time to complete the census, they'd have been better off just getting us the form early since it would have been a PLEASURE to fill out instead of watching The Who!
The Second Half of My FunnyEye Super Bowl Ad Review
There was a Super Bowl ad I liked right before the Google ad. Then the Google ad ran, and I couldn't remember what the first ad was. So it must have really sucked.
I liked that E*Trade came up with a new word: Milkaholic. Not bad, but it's no Shankapotamus.The funniest ad was David Letterman, Oprah Winfrey, and Jay Leno. Still makes me laugh today!
From the You've Got to Be Kidding Me Department
Here's the Monster.com ad called "Fiddling Beaver." Interestingly, that's a pretty good way to get fired from a job. And that's all I have to say about that!